Voter Information

To be eligible to vote in Kingston’s upcoming municipal election, you must be

  • a resident, owner or tenant of a property in Kingston, Ontario
  • a Canadian citizen
  • 18 years of age on or before October 22, 2018

If you’re not sure if you’re registered to vote at your current address, visit to check.

Key Dates

Online Voting: Open October 13 to October 22 

Online voting will be available for electors who register before 7 pm on October 22, 2018. For details on how to register for online voting, click here.

Election Day: October 22

Voters can vote at any polling station in their district.  For a list of polling stations in your district click here


Post-Secondary Students can vote in Municipal Elections

There is a special rule for students who may be living away from home while they attend school. If you are a student and consider your "home" to be the place where you live when you are not attending school, which means you plan on returning there, then you are eligible to vote in both your "home" municipality and in the municipality where you currently live while attending school.

My "Home" is Kingston but I go to School in another City

If you are registered as a voter in Kingston you can vote on-line or vote using a proxy.

I go to School in Kingston but my "Home" is Someplace Else.

If you own, rent or live in residence in Kingston you can vote in Kingston's municipal election.

You can register to vote, and then vote, in the Kingston election on Advance Voting Day (October 16) or Voting Day (October 22).

You will need to bring a piece of identification with your name and your Kingston address.  If Kingston is not your regular home, this will likely be:

  • Your lease or rental agreement.
  • Your Rental insurance statement.
  • Document showing campus residence, issued by the office or officials responsible for student residence at a post-secondary institution.
  • Utility bill for hydro, water, gas, telephone or cable TV or a bill from a public utilities commission.
  • Cheque stub or pay receipt issued by an employer.
  • Transcript or report card from a post-secondary institution

     The full list of acceptable documents can be found here.

Where do I vote?

To find out which district you live in, find where you live on this map.

Voting Day (October 22) Voting Locations

You can vote in any voting place in your district.

Collins-Bayridge District

Countryside District

Kingscourt-Rideau District

King's Town District

Lakeside District

Loyalist Cataraqui District

Meadowbrook-Strathcona District

Pittsburgh District

Portsmouth District

Sydenham District

Trillium District

Williamsville District

Showing 1 reaction

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.
  • Simon Baron
    published this page 2018-09-09 15:56:19 -0400

Subscribe for email updates!

Volunteer Donate